2020 FCSM Fall Conference
September 21, 2020
A Message from the 2020 FCSM Conference Steering Committee:
We are pleased to announce two main events following from the April FCSM 2020 Research and Policy Conference.
- A fall conference on September 21, 2020 that will be held both virtually and in-person at the Bureau of Labor Statistics if feasible.
- An eight-session webinar series on Confidentiality and Data Access that will be held on selected Thursday afternoons at 3:00 p.m. beginning on June 25th. Details will be posted on the COPAFS Events Calendar the week of June 8th.
The tentative conference schedule is below, check back to FCSM2020 for more details.
2020 FCSM Fall Conference: September 21, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm.
- Keynote Speaker: John Friedman, Brown University.
- Policy sessions featuring Statistical Officials, Chief Data Officers, Evaluation Officers and OMB on:
- An overview of the Evidence Act
- Implementing the Evidence Act
- Using statistical data for evaluation
- Data Ethics
- Federal collection of data on the Coronavirus pandemic
- Research sessions on:
- Nonresponse Bias
- Administrative Data
- Linked Data
- Communicating Fitness for Use
Your registration for the April 2020 conference will automatically transfer to the September conference, you will be sent information on how to attend virtually or indicate you’d like to attend in-person. Registration will be opened for new registrants this summer at: FCSM2020
We received many timely and interesting abstracts and sessions and are disappointed we will not be able to accommodate all of them. Your health and safety are top priorities and we had to make some hard decisions about how to move forward.
Finally, we want to inform everyone that plans for the 2021 FCSM Research and Policy Conference are already underway and we look forward to seeing all of you in person at the conference next year on November 2 – 4, 2021.
David Kashihara & Darius Singpurwalla, 2020 FCSM Conference Co-Chairs
Shelly Martinez, FCSM Chair
Jennifer Edgar, FCSM Liaison
Cynthia Clark, COPAFS Executive Director
Contact David Kashihara (David.Kashihara@ahrq.hhs.gov) or Darius Singpurwalla (firstname.lastname@example.org) with questions about the program.
Contact COPAFS (FCSM@copafs.org) with questions about registration or other conference details or visit our FCSM 2020 Research and Policy Conference FAQs.
More 2020 Conference Information
The Federal Committee on Statistical Methodology and the Council of Professional Associations on Federal Statistics recognize and are abundantly grateful to the following organizations for sponsoring the 2020 FCSM Research and Policy Conference. Their commitment and support help to ensure the exchange of cutting edge statistical methods and findings among statisticians and other social scientists from the Federal government, academia, and the business community.
Bureau of Economic Analysis
Bureau of Justice Statistics
Bureau of Transportation Statistics
Economic Research Service
National Agricultural Statistics Service National Center for Education Statistics
National Center for Science and Engineering Statistics
Statistics of Income Division, Internal Revenue Service
U.S. Census Bureau
Also Sponsored By
American Statistical Association
Washington Statistical Society
NORC at the University of Chicago RTI International Westat
Hosted By: Council of Professional Associations on Federal Statistics