Format of FCSM 2020 Fall Conference
In this virtual conference, hosted via Cisco Webex Meetings, you have the opportunity to attend the sessions you’re most interested in and participate in live Q&As. Please submit any questions you have using the chat feature. The presentations delivered in each session are pre-recorded and will be posted within a week so you can access any presentations that you miss.
After the Keynote Address from 9:00-10:00 am, three sets of three sessions will be running concurrently:
- Morning Concurrent Sessions 10:15 am – 12:00 pm
- Afternoon 1 Concurrent Sessions 1:30 pm – 3:00 pm
- Afternoon 2 Concurrent Sessions: 3:15 pm -5:00 pm
How to Log In
Click the link below to log in with the password provided to you to access the session links via Cisco Webex Meetings. Your microphone is turned off on entry because of the number of attendees. Please keep yourself muted so we can minimize background noise.
Tips and Troubleshooting for Using Cisco Webex Meetings
For live technical support, dial 1 (408) 906-2222 and use option 2.
We recommend using the desktop app to log in rather than the web app because it has fewer known issues and limitations.
Webex works best in the Chrome browser. Please download and install Chrome if you don’t already have it. If that is not an option, Safari and Firefox are also supported. Explorer is not supported, and some features will not work.
You must have at least 3-5 MB of bandwidth for Webex to work. Causes of low bandwidth include:
- Use of Transmission Control Protocol (TCP) for video instead of User Datagram Protocol (UDP).
- Other running applications: Email and Virtual private network (VPN) clients, Virtualization sessions.
- Use of a wireless (Wi-Fi) instead of wired local-area network (LAN) connection.
- Mobile devices: iPhones/iPads using a 3G/4G connection instead of Wi-Fi.
- Less than 400 to 500 Kbps download speed from internet.
Please make sure your operating system (OS) is updated to the current version. Minimum OS requirements can be found here: https://help.webex.com/en-us/nki3xrq/Webex-Meetings-Suite-
Either use your computer for audio OR dial in (not both). If you are having trouble hearing the content using your computer’s audio, click the “more options” icon, click “audio connection” click “disconnect” and then click “call in.” The number and access code to use will pop up.
Dial in by phone instead of via your computer. You will have the option to join by phone when you enter the meeting, or you can join afterward by clicking the “more options” icon, then “audio connection,” then “disconnect” and then “call in.” The number and access code to use will pop up.
For issues joining the meeting, follow the instructions here: https://help.webex.com/en-us/WBX9000018881/Troubleshooting-Meetings
If you experience problems hearing the audio, follow the instructions here: https://help.webex.com/en-us/WBX12581/Webex-Audio-Troubleshooting
If you are experiencing latency:
- Use a wired connection if possible.
- Do an internet speed check. Go to google.com.
- Search for “internet speed test.” On the top result, click “Run Speed Test.” Google partners withMeasurement Lab to run this test. You want high download and upload speeds, and low latency.
- If you’re working from home, ask others to disconnect from the internet or refrain from downloading or streaming content while you’re on the meeting.
- Close other tabs and applications you have open.
- Dial in by phone instead of via your computer.